Early Years Practitioner Job Role – Part Time
Harbury Pre-School is offering an exciting opportunity for an Early Years’ Practitioner to join their friendly, dedicated and enthusiastic team, initially on a fixed term contract from December 2021 to July 2022.
We are a highly regarded Pre-School in the centre of Harbury village committed to providing excellent standards of early years care and education, reflected in our Outstanding Ofsted report in March 2020.
This is a part-time position, term time only, working 4 mornings per week, Tuesday to Friday. The hours will be 8.30-12.30.
This role will play a part in enhancing early years’ education and taking care of children aged 2 years 9 months – 4 years. You will be expected to be a great team player demonstrating a caring nature and have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children.
Preferred qualifications, training and experience:
- A relevant level 2 or higher early years’ qualification. Applicants who have already gained an NVQ 2 in early years education and childcare and are considering working towards an NVQ 3.
- Experience of working in an early years’ setting is essential
- Up to date training in safeguarding children and child protection (or be prepared to train to obtain this)
- Paediatric First Aid (or be prepared to train to obtain this)
- A sound knowledge of the new EYFS framework, and can demonstrate this.
Opportunities for further training and development will be available.
Harbury Pre-School is committed to maintaining high standards of Safeguarding throughout the setting and complying with all required safeguarding and welfare procedures. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring service, registration on the DBS Update service and suitable references.
To apply, in the first instance, please contact the Pre-School Manager Catherine Kilbey at email@example.com for a full job description, person specification and application form. Please use the Subject Title – ‘Make It Work Job Application’
Closing Date: Friday 5th November
You can visit the Harbury Preschool website here.