Sales Administrator Job – Leamington Spa
This position has now been filled. Click here to read our latest job vacancies.
25 Hours per week – flexible to fit in with school hours
Apply for this job role:
Please enter ‘Make It Work – Job Application’ in the subject line and email your CV & Cover letter telling us why you’d like to work with us and why you’d be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Administrator – The Cakery Leamington
The Cakery Leamington Spa makes cupcakes and celebration cakes for every occasion, which delight customers around Warwickshire. We pride ourselves on creating delicious and beautiful cupcakes, celebration cakes and wedding cakes and our mission is to be known as the best cake shop in Warwickshire!
The Cakery opened in 2011 and since then it has gone from strength to strength. We now need someone to help us expand and make our 10th year in business the best!
We are looking for someone to help run the business smoothly, being the ‘front of house’ in our busy Leamington shop – talking to customers, taking orders and dealing with customer enquiries over the phone and email. We’re looking for a likeable, friendly person, who is super organised and enjoys working in a busy and creative environment.
With our new kitchen opening in the next few weeks we need someone to join our growing team and overhaul our front of house systems, to help us offer the best customer service possible.
Hours are flexible, but around 25 hours per week would be ideal. The bulk of the hours would be based in the shop, some hours could be done at home with the option to fit around school hours where applicable. Some weekend work would be required, which would be fuelled on cupcakes
Salary is £19-22k FTE
- Serving customers in the shop – this would range from serving cupcakes to holding tastings and consultations for wedding cakes
- Taking orders on email, face to face and over the phone.
- Quoting for cakes based on level of effort and time required to create the cake, with the help of the kitchen team.
- Dealing with all email and social media enquires.
- Organising our orders systems.
- Sending out invoices and keeping track of payments.
- Dealing with all sales on our very popular online shop
Photographing cakes to promote on social media and website.
- Organising all photos and photo albums
- Posting on social media, photos, videos and text with a creative flair.
- Planning future posts for social media
- Organising wholesale orders and payments
- Working closely with wedding venue and planners
- Being available during busy periods to help with deliveries and at events and food festivals.
- Ability to sell and close sales.
- We want someone who will be passionate about what we do and show this through everything they do!
- Are you a friendly, personable and confident person?
- Do enjoy interacting with customers and offering excellent customer service?
- Do you have admin experience?
- Are you super organised? and love a system that works?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, busy environment?
- Are you confident with social media platforms?
- Are you creative and enjoy taking photos for social media, website, promotions and online shop?
- Are you confident using a computer and (microsoft office or ‘common office applications?)
- Have a very good level of written English for writing clear emails and communication with customers?
- Can you think outside the box, and are you proactive and a good problem solver?
- Do you take pride in your work? and are you willing to go the extra mile to do a great job?
- Do you understand and apply the art of selling?
- Do you have an eye for detail and understand the importance of maintaining high standards?
- Do you love eating and talking cake?
- Are you looking for a role where you can have a real impact on a small, local business with big ambitions?
If you answer yes to these questions, then we’d love to hear from you! Please apply with your up to date CV and a cover letter telling us why you’d like to work with us and why you’d be a good fit for the role.
You would work closely with the Kitchen team and report to the Manager and Managing Director.
Apply for this job role:
Please enter ‘Make It Work – Job Application’ in the subject line and email your CV & Cover letter to