This week we are featuring a guest post from Anne Marie who owns local company Get Cooking! Anne Marie shares with us some of her favourite easy recipes using bananas.
Did you know 1.4 million bananas are thrown away every day! Here are a few ideas to make sure they get eaten and end up in bellies not bins.
Bananas are a great source of fibre, potassium, vitamin B6 & C, magnesium and manganese and make an ideal snack in between meals.
Banana Bread Rolls
- Roll a piece of bread flat.
- Spread butter/honey/peanut butter/jam/nutella on the bread.
- Place the banana on the bread and roll it up.
- Slice in to manageable chunks.
Banana and Egg Pancakes
- Mash a banana and add to two whisked eggs. If you wish add cocoa powder, honey, cinnamon or vanilla essence.
- Spoon a small dollop of mixture into a frying pan.
- Cook for several minutes on either side until golden.
- Freeze any over ripe bananas in chunks.
- Remove from freezer and blitz in a blender with a teaspoon of cocoa powder or a tablespoon of peanut butter for instant ice cream.
- Take one ripe banana and half a mug of frozen berries and blitz in a blender with a little water or milk.
- Serve in a milk bottle with a straw for the wow factor
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 small/medium mashed banana
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds/coconut/chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Mix into a stiff ball.
- Take a small lump and roll it into a ball. If too sticky add more oats or coconut. (If too dry add a little peanut butter or oil).
- Roll balls in coconut, chocolate powder or sesame seeds.
Have a look at this short video to see more about Get Cooking and the services they offer! You can also find their information on our planning a party page here
I hope you enjoy the recipes above, for more hints, tips, recipes and information on the services I provide take a look at my website and facebook pages.