Following the incredible news that Warwick Hospital is to open it’s first Maternity Led Unit , Take it From Mummy and Mum Knows Best Warwickshire have pledged our support to making the unit an even more incredible place for local Mums. The NHS funding has created a wonderful space for Mums, Dads and their newborns but we want to help to put the icing on the cake as it were.
We will be arranging fundraising events throughout the year to help buy extra equipment for the unit which will make all the difference to future Mums.
If you’ve never been to one of our fundraising events before, do take a look at these blogs to see the fun we have had over the last four years!
We have so far raised £4,367.60 for the Special Care Baby Unit – See our JustGiving Page here and following our Chair Bed appeal, helping Dads to stay over night on Swan Ward we have raised over £2000 to buy two beds which fold out into chairs. See the JustGiving Page here .
I know that together we can make a massive dent in the £200,000 fundraising appeal to help supply extra comforts such as:
- Tens machine for each room – £120 per machine
- Baby crib with a stand – £300 each
- Purpose built baby change trolley – £1000 each
- Active birth bed – £3975 each
- Upgrading furnishings to make the unit feel like a home from home
- Develop a therapeutic room for parents to use.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Attend one of our Mum Knows Best & Take It From Mummy events, we have lots planned but we still need your ideas and of course your help at these events would be amazing
- You could hold a fundraising event
- Ask your company to help support the charity, you could have dress down days maybe or even ask your company to support this as their chosen charity.
- Organise a cake sale
- Have a raffle
- Arrange a sponsored event such as a run, cycle, climb or for the super brave maybe even a sky dive?
- Sell unwanted clothing or toys with proceeds to the charity
No amount raised is too small, I know from personal experience that when Mums come together to help one another any gesture, no matter how small will make all the difference!
Can’t wait to see what we achieve! You can share this post via the little links below x