Grid Edge is an award winning AI company specialising in the energy sector. We are the AI that is powering commercial buildings to net-zero.
Our mission is to help save the planet by reducing the amount of carbon being released through inefficient energy usage. We love solving problems and providing businesses with solutions that they never thought were possible.
At Grid Edge, we see diversity and inclusivity as a priority and we are always looking for individuals who bring something different to the team. Even if you think you don’t meet all the requirements, please don’t be put off from applying. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people from all backgrounds.
We are seeking a commercially aware and “hands-on” Finance Manager to join our finance department and take a day to day control of the accounting function and internal financial processes across our businesses. The position will allow the selected candidate to provide a significant contribution to our portfolio companies, and involves working closely with the Leadership Team and the wider business.
You will be totally motivated by all things financial. You will have the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external colleagues including suppliers and customers and discuss finance related initiatives across the board. The ability to work across multiple different tasks whilst maintaining the highest levels of accuracy is essential and you will need to complete the workload through effective and positive team working.
What you will do (Key Accountabilities):
- Payroll, financial support, and customer-finance management maintained successfully
- Assisting with the production of the month end management accounts (including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and KPI’s)
- Cash flow management
- Customer contracting / invoicing / payment chasing (AR)
- Purchase ledger management (including supplier interaction, contracting and payment)
- Producing ad hoc financial reports to specific deadlines
- Management of monthly payroll and benefits administration
- Grant Management: Management of financial reporting & compliance and assistance with grant applications and project delivery
- Management and maintenance of all relevant insurance
- Stock – ordering and location control
- Back up for Employee Success administration
Key Skills and Experience: Essential
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder with a passion for delivery
- Possess strong commercial acumen to steer business performance and drive cost saving agenda
- ACA qualified
- Proficient in Excel
- Are accurate, well organised, calm and energetic
Nice to Have
- A keen passion and interest for improving the environment
- Have experience of Xero accounting software
- A passion for technology and AI/ML
- Innovative and take risks to create new processes and create efficiencies
- Comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Comfortable working in a startup-like environment and love to experiment
Between 15-25 per week, flexible. Perfect for Mums looking to fit a role around their family life.
Hybrid/Home-based with regular but flexible travel to central Birmingham office.
Salary Range: up to £45,000 full-time equivalent, dependant on experience
Plus: employer pension, benefits scheme including life assurance, income protection and health insurance, enhanced family friendly policies and 26 days annual leave. Four company days per year, voluntary, sustainable and green benefits available.
How to apply:
Do you have a part-time, flexible job that would suit a Mum? Send us your details here