Arts and Crafts After School Club Leader Job with Go Go Makers Warwickshire
Go Go Makers recently received a “Highly Commended” award for the Best Independent Business of the Year at the Leamington Spa Business Awards and due to expansion we are looking for an After School Care Assistant to join our friendly team! Go Go Makers run holiday camps, before & after school care and educational arts and crafts after school clubs in primary schools and our philosophy is “inspiring little minds to think big”. You will need to be able to fulfil our philosophy and be dedicated to providing the very best childcare for each and every child, in what will be a very rewarding role.
Working Hours & Salary:
The hours will be Monday to Friday 3pm-5.45pm (term time) and additional holiday camp hours (during half term and holidays) are also available if you require additional hours.
Salary will be up to £9.50 per hour dependant on skills and experience.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Working as part of a team
- Prepare and deliver daily activities for children aged 4-12 years old
- Providing high quality childcare at all times
- Administering first aid when necessary (if applicable)
- Liaising with parents/carers
- Ensure that the environment is kept safe at all times and that checks are always done
- Reading and understanding all policies and procedures
- Daily administrative duties
- Preparing a light tea
- Tidying/cleaning the area after the session
Essential skills required for the role:
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of how to provide high quality childcare/camps and what is necessary for a safe environment for the children
- You must have experience of working with children
- Be able to work on your own but also as part of a determined team
- Be able to communicate with parents/carers and other staff members
- Ideally you will have a childcare qualification.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Reduced childcare costs
- Perks and discounts with big-name brands (term time roles)
- Good holiday entitlement
Go Go Makers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references will be required.