Architectural Lighting Designer – Full or Part time
Salary – Dependent on Experience
Reporting to – Managing Director
Creating concept and detailed lighting design packages to meet the clients brief within timescales and budget and providing support throughout projects to all relevant partners.
- Developing lighting layouts and designs in AutoCAD with the ability to develop concept and detailed design packages.
- Produce accurate lighting calculations using specialist lighting calculation software
- Produce lighting visualisation using specialist lighting visualisation software
- Research suitable luminaires for a project, taking into account the specific project requirements to meet the brief.
- Identifying and resolving customer and internal queries to achieve customer satisfaction
- Liaise with manufacturers and on site teams to ensure appropriate information is received in a timely and efficient manner
- To produce a detailed project cost, including luminaire schedules and quotations and agree with Managing Director
- Design and complete product data sheets
- Continually research the latest industry trends and investigate whether and how these can be incorporated in projects.
- Carry out other duties as required in other areas of the business as dictated by.
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations
Skills & Knowledge -Essential
- Some architectural lighting design training / education or experience.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organised, and able to work well in a small company and to use own initiative.
- Flexible approach working a small team.
- Work independently and self-motivated
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, lighting calculation and visualisation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong design flair.
- Project management with the ability to complete project tasks to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Ability to change priorities as appropriate within a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and competence of 3D modelling, graphics and other related software.
- Basic electrical knowledge and understanding of construction.
- Experience of traveling to and operating at project sites
To apply send CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com using the subject line Make It Work – Job Application